Saturday, December 26, 2009

MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MARTIAL ARTS

This has nothing to do with the martial arts, but since it's actually far more important, I figured I'd point it out.

I'm working on another piece for City Journal about Pavel Stroilov's stolen Kremlin papers. I've asked an acquaintance of mine to help with the translation from the Russian. He in turn asked me why I thought it important to settle scores from that era.

This is the answer.

If you're in a hurry, skip the introduction and go right to the speech, which starts at about minute 5:00.


"The West accepts an epochal, monstrous, unforgivable double standard. We rehearse the crimes of Nazism almost daily; we teach them to our children as ultimate historical and moral lessons; and we bear witness to every victim. We are, with so few exceptions, almost silent on the crimes of Communism. So the bodies lie among us, unnoticed, everywhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment