Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'VE JUST HAD THE MOST AWKWARD MOMENT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE

So I'm working today on a piece about the contemporary Turkish art market. While looking through the catalogue at Sotheby's, I came across this painting by Taner Ceylan, which for obvious reasons caught my attention.

I was intrigued: A Turkish martial-arts artist! I was particularly intrigued to see that this painting had sold for nearly 80,000 GBP at auction. So I went to have a look at the rest of his website.

There's a warning on the home page that to enter the site you must be 18 years of age.

Let me give you a further warning, one I wish I had also been issued: No matter how old you are, do not enter the site in front of your cleaning lady, particularly if she is a very sweet, traditional Turkish woman from a small town in Middle of Nowhere, Anatolia, where they don't really relate to the idea of "astonishing technical masterpieces of hyper-realism" that pay homage to "the artistic avant-garde and the leather S&M circuit" while simultaneously "calling upon the pastoral tradition of man depicted in the context of nature’s majesty to underscore the aesthetic idealization of two men in the throes of lovemaking."

Please, take me seriously about this. You do not want to feel the way I do right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm now not sure the place you are getting your information, but good topic. I must spend a while finding out more or understanding more. Thank you for fantastic information I used to be searching for this info for my mission. Judi Bola

    ReplyDelete