Wednesday, November 25, 2009

SPEAKING OF SOURCES WHO DECLINE TO BE NAMED

I went a few days ago to a press meeting with a high-ranking Turkish government official who spoke only on background. I found what he had to say truly outrageous. Obviously, since it was on background, I'm not going to say what it was that had me so worked up, but trust me, it was outrageous.

I noted with interest that when it came time to ask questions, I had exactly the same physiological response that I have when training in a particularly aggressive way. It was a fight-or-flight reaction. Emphasis on fight. Increased respiratory rate, blood shunted to the muscles and limbs, dilated pupils, heightened awareness; even the odd (and in this case completely inappropriate) sense of elation afterwards.

I'd guess that a hormone assay would reveal that I have somewhat higher total testosterone and androstenedione levels than most women, at least at moments like that.

1 comment:

  1. It is just a basic Adrenaline response of the body not flight or fight syndrome. Flight or fight syndrome is a bit more complicated.

    ReplyDelete